Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Falling for the New Girl

They call me Tumbleina. I hated the world I grew up on and always dreamed of running away with the circus. Too bad little boys were not allowed to join the circus. Too many worlds have rules against males in a public spotlight. Why was I ever born a boy?

Tumbleina isn’t my real name. My real name is Roger. Life was hard in my family and my parents were never around. I was left to fend for myself. A young boy gets hungry when no one provides a nourishing meal for him. And I was sick of living outside in the cold.

There was only one thing I could do to pass the time: dance. While I waited for the circus to open one day I danced and did somersaults and cartwheels and other great kid’s stuff in the field behind the tents. A woman named Macy saw me playing in the field and called me over. She told me how talented I was. She asked me if I wanted to join the circus. I clapped my hands like a penguin in delight. Then I told Macy I knew I could never be in the circus; I was a dumb boy.

Macy smiled placing her hand on the top of my head, “I can make you a girl.” I was penguin clapping again. I followed Macy to a tent with all kinds of equipment. I stepped into a chamber Macy told me to. I stepped out Tumbleina. Macy took me to another tent and asked me to dance. As a girl I danced better than ever.

The next night I had my debut performance. I was told I am a natural. I’ve been to 208 worlds since that fateful day. I can’t even remember what it was like as a boy anymore. I do remember the hungry nights; don’t miss those any. I thank god every day for Macy. She made me the woman I am today.








2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a new series starting up ! How about "Skirt Tales ; Miss-Wish Theater ?" Sounds like a Morphic Adaptation Unit is missing ; the witch found it and is using it! Nice caption. Might we see more soon ? Could certainly explain how some of their freakish exhibits got started ?
    Ftygrl,
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job. I think I have fallen in love with her. Lol. Great new series.

    ReplyDelete